Action Guide to Citizens

Among the steps people may wish to consider taking are:

1. File lawsuits against the city for reduced property values. Contact your own lawyer or Save the Pine Bush lawyer Peter Henner at 768-8232 or
2. Speak about dump issues at meetings of the Common Council of the City of Albany.  The Common Council meets on the first and third Monday of each month (when this regularly scheduled meeting falls on a legal holiday, the meeting is changed to the Thursday after the holiday) at 7:00 p.m. on the second floor of Albany City Hall, Eagle Street, Albany.  Usually the first order of business is public comments. 
3. Call into Albany Mayor Gerald Jennings weekly radio show on WROW. The show airs Fridays from 9 to 10 am. The Mayor answers questions from callers. The phone number is 476-5959.
4. Write letters to the editor of local daily and weekly newspapers and/or contact reporters and editors of those publications. 
5. Residents may wish to nominate the City of Albany for a Dirty Dozen Award.  These awards are bestowed each year by the Citizens’ Environmental Coalition on the worst polluters in the state. Contact