Guilderland Comprehensive Plan Public Hearing
Plan Public Hearing
Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00
at the Guilderland Town Hall, Western Avenue, just beyond Route 146
Mark your calendars and plan to attend! This could be one of the most important public hearings held about the Pine Bush in Guilderland and we must show the Town officials that we want the Pine Bush in Guilderland to be protected.
Some suggested topics for the hearing:
- Ask that the Town of Guilderland declare the Pine Bush to be a “Critical Environmental Area.” This will give the Pine Bush more protection.
- Speak about your own connection to the Pine Bush and why it is important to you.
- Ask for creative ways to protect and preserve the Pine Bush including establishing conservation zones and methods for the Pine Bush land to be purchased (see our website at http://www.wizvax.net/lynjax/Current/Action.html#Guilderland).
- Ask that a Pine Bush overlay be included in the Plan to give the Pine Bush more protection.
- State that the ultimate goal of the Plan should be to purchase all of the remaining Pine Bush ecosystem in Guilderland. The intermediate goal should be to delay any development in the Pine Bush until funds for purchase of the land become available.
The Pine Bush needs lots of supporters to attend the hearing. Be prepared to stay a while! In addition to attending the hearing, please send your comments to Jan Weston, Planning Department, Town Hall or sent by e-mail to either Carol Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lindsay Childs, email@example.com.
For more information, please call Lynne Jackson at 434-1954 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether you have ever been to a hearing before on not, this is a very important one to attend. Lynne will be glad to speak to you about what you might expect, and how you can help the Pine Bush by attending and adding your voice for Pine Bush preservation.
published May/June 2000 Newsletter
Last Updated 5/23/00
| Vegetarian Lasagna Dinner |
Pine Bush Hike
|Current Newsletter|| About |
Save the Pine Bush
|Virtual Photo Exhibit||Action Alerts||Volunteer Nights|
|Articles in Date Order||Links||Articles by Subject|
|Save the Pine Bush Home Email Save the Pine Bush|